Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
Date
Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
> I have not heard from you why we should make it harder (split across two
> lines), except for consistency with log_statement and log_duration
> outputs.

That is exactly my argument.  I'll freely admit that it's not a strong
point, but I find the claim that the inconsistent formats will be easier
to parse to be a much weaker argument, in the absence of any attempt to
make them *actually* easier to parse (like really truly one line).

[ later ]
> Should we instead convert newlines to "\n" and output the query as a
> single line?

That would shore up your position considerably.  It needs a little
thought as to whether this would induce any confusion, and whether we
really care if so.

            regards, tom lane