Re: [pgsql-www] NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Philip Yarra
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:18 am, Greg Stark wrote:
> Well if you're only going to do one threading API you may as well pick the
> POSIX standard. Windows threading is only useful for windows, POSIX
> threading would work on every other OS, Solaris, Linux, BSD, etc.
>
> Is there a POSIX threads wrapper for windows?

Yes and no... there's no native POSIX thread wrapper, if that's what you mean
(say like pthreads on OSF wraps DECThreads AFAIK).

There's a  development effort here (http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/)
to help those using Windows, but if it was me, I'd probably stick to native
Windows threads. It's not going to be on people's machines by default.

Regards, Philip.