Re: [pgsql-www] NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> writes:
> > Considering this could be a configure time option, you mean to say
> > that even on Unix we could get threaded postgresql which would not
> > require any shared buffers but instead operate upon local shared
> > buffers only?
>
> Only if we were prepared to support multiple, no doubt incompatible
> threading libraries, which is exactly what I wasn't volunteering us for.

Well if you're only going to do one threading API you may as well pick the
POSIX standard. Windows threading is only useful for windows, POSIX threading
would work on every other OS, Solaris, Linux, BSD, etc.

Is there a POSIX threads wrapper for windows?

--
greg