Re: GiST and full text search - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: GiST and full text search
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Monday 22 September 2003 16:41, Wei Weng wrote:
> The production server uses PostgreSQL 7.3.1 right now, so I am only
> looking at contrib/tsearch.
>
> I read through the README file. It only seems to offer a way to FTS
> through one 'text' column in the table. How do I create a 'txtidx' column
> that combines two or even more 'text' columns in the table?

According to README.tsearch from 7.4beta (not tsearch2 which is the new one)

Current syntax allows creating trigger for several columns
you want to be searchable:
 create trigger txtidxupdate before update or insert on titles for each row execute procedure tsearch(titleidx, title1,
title2,...);

Perhaps see what 7.3.4's tsearch says - that should be compatible with 7.3.1
--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd