Re: GiST and full text search - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew J. Kopciuch
Subject Re: GiST and full text search
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Monday 22 September 2003 09:41, Wei Weng wrote:
> The production server uses PostgreSQL 7.3.1 right now, so I am only
> looking at contrib/tsearch.

tsearch2 is compatible, and available for any version of PosgreSQL 7.3.  It is
not included in the contrib directory.  It is available in CVS head and will
be in 7.4 contrib AFAIK.

You can download the stable version here:

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/tsearch-v2-stable.tar.gz

There are full installation instructions in the introdution.  See below.

> I read through the README file. It only seems to offer a way to FTS
> through one 'text' column in the table. How do I create a 'txtidx' column
> that combines two or even more 'text' columns in the table?

Read the introduction documentation.  It explains this in detail, plus many
other things you might want to know:

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/docs/tsearch-V2-intro.html

Andy