Re: Bulk Insert / Update / Delete - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Godden
Subject Re: Bulk Insert / Update / Delete
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Philip,

Pg is more ansi compliant than most (GoodThing (TM)).  You can use the 'when'
conditional but not to do what you need.  If I understand you correclty you
should be able to acheive the same result using two seperate queries and the
(NOT) EXISTS or (NOT) IN clause.  Failing that have a look at the fine docs
on pl/pgsql and other postgresql procedural languages which allow you to use
loops and conditional statements like 'if'.

Rgds,