Re: Buglist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bo Lorentsen
Subject Re: Buglist
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 16:20, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

> Install an application that can use both DBs. Muck around with it. If you
> can't tell the difference, then I'd say go with postgresql - transactions
> isn't bolted on, quite a number of other design wins too. If you can tell
> the difference and MySQL is better, many of us here would be interested to
> know.
Ok, thanks, we may need to make a test utility, that is open and fair,
but thats a little hard, as PG have some featurs that MySQL does not.

> Do lots of concurrent updates and inserts and selects for a long time?
I do think I know why you say this :-)

> Have fun!
I like to do this, but I'm not sure that I have the time needed. If I
have the time, and I get some results, I let you now.

/BL