Re: Resolved: PostGreSQL - Accessing It - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Resolved: PostGreSQL - Accessing It
Date
Re: Resolved: PostGreSQL - Accessing It  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > >         test=# CREATE USER mel CREATEDB
> > >         test-# \q
> > >         bash-2.05b$ exit
> > >         exit
> > >         [mel@Cr168131-a mel]$ psql test
> > >                 psql: FATAL 1:  user "mel" does not exist
> > >

> > I just figured out my problem.  As you can see from my CREATE USER
> > command above, I simply forgot to put the semicolon at the end.  Doah!
> Does this not suggest that psql should print a warning:
> "still inside SQL query, really quit ? [y/n]" when in the
> above situation ?

That's an idea, but this is the first time someone has complained about
this.  Seems we should see if more people are affected before adding a
"nag" option.

I wonder if we should have a "novice" mode for psql?  Are there other
things it could control?