Re: Resolved: PostGreSQL - Accessing It - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Resolved: PostGreSQL - Accessing It
Date
List pgsql-general
> >         test=# CREATE USER mel CREATEDB
> >         test-# \q
> >         bash-2.05b$ exit
> >         exit
> >         [mel@Cr168131-a mel]$ psql test
> >                 psql: FATAL 1:  user "mel" does not exist
> >

> I just figured out my problem.  As you can see from my CREATE USER
> command above, I simply forgot to put the semicolon at the end.  Doah!
Does this not suggest that psql should print a warning:
"still inside SQL query, really quit ? [y/n]" when in the
above situation ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346