Re: Resolved: PostGreSQL - Accessing It - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Rosenberg
Subject Re: Resolved: PostGreSQL - Accessing It
Date
List pgsql-general
--On Saturday, August 16, 2003 11:40 AM -0400 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> I wonder if we should have a "novice" mode for psql?  Are there other
> things it could control?

Change the prompt when output is redirected with \o.

I don't know how many times I've redirected output with \o to get a single
query in HTML, then forgotten that I did that and been puzzled why my
subsequent queries didn't show any results! There's always this
head-slap-the-forehead moment when I finally take a look at the HTML, and
see all this "other" stuff on the end ... :-)