Re: How can I Improve performance in Solaris? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: How can I Improve performance in Solaris?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 10:17:45AM -0500, ingrid martinez wrote:
> The query that execute is only inserts, I use a batch of 300 and then do
> commit.
>
> insert into FLOWS values(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

Are there any foreign keys, &c?

> and
>
> postgresql.conf looks like this

[ . . .]

The configuration is the default.  You'll certainly want to increase
the shared memory and fiddle with some of the other usual pieces.
There is some discussion of the config file at
<http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/annotated_conf_e.html>.
Unless the INSERTs are causing SELECTs, though, I can't see what
exactly might be causing you so much difficulty.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110