Re: How can I Improve performance in Solaris? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: How can I Improve performance in Solaris?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 11:17, ingrid martinez wrote:
> The query that execute is only inserts, I use a batch of 300 and then do
> commit.

Any foreign keys on this table?  Triggers or Rules?

What kind of hardware do you have?  Anything else running on it?

Could you provide the header information from top?

Off the cuff, modify your postgresql.conf for the below and restart
PostgreSQL.

shared_buffers = 1000        # 2*max_connections, min 16
effective_cache_size = 4000  # default in 8k pages

Attachment