Re: How to prevent vacuum and reindex from deadlocking. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Creager
Subject Re: How to prevent vacuum and reindex from deadlocking.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:05:57 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> said something like:

> If you really want to rebuild only the one index, I think this will work:
>
> begin;
> lock table tab;
> reindex index ndx;
> commit;

Figures.  It appears that DBD::Pg doesn't supported nested transactions (I was
already in a transaction).

DBD::Pg::db begin_work failed: Already in a transaction at
/tass/bin/importSList.pl line 445.

Unfortunatly, it does take longer overall because of the second index on the
table, but it always works ;-)  'Nother duh moment, delete the second index,
and then it works just fine speed wise.  Guess I need to re-examine my index
usage...

Thanks,
Rob

--
 21:16:30 up 10 days, 14:01,  4 users,  load average: 3.37, 3.34, 3.19

Attachment