Re: Update of foreign key values - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Update of foreign key values
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 18:40, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> On 11 Aug 2003, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > Maybe this will do it:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/sql-set-constraints.html
>
> Saw this but my take was it required the original constraint to be created
> with the deferred(able) option.  But hey, I'll give it a try since all my

Where do you see that?  "or INITIALLY IMMEDIATE NOT DEFERRABLE. The
third class is not affected by the SET CONSTRAINTS command."???

> other attempts have increased the number of barley pops I'll _have_ to
> drink tonight!  One more won't hurt (well maybe in the morning.)
>
> > begin;
> > set constraint foo DEFERRED;
> > update parent_table;
> > update child_table;
> > commit;
>

> Rod
| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                            |
| "Man, I'm pretty.  Hoo Hah!"                                  |
|    Johnny Bravo                                               |