Re: Might do the Danish translation - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Might do the Danish translation
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tuesday 08 July 2003 00:46, Troels Arvin wrote:
> Gosh - sometimes it's difficult to translate: A simple word like "view"
> doesn't make much sense in a database context if translated literally...

Dear Troels,

Nice to hear from you, we really appreciate your help. In answer to your
question, you may refer to our translation guidelines:

http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/translation_guidelines.html

In short: because SQL is based on the English language, it is not recommended
to adapt the database object / SQL words to your mother tongue. If you do so,
make sure that your translation choices stay close from the English.

In French "Vue" can be used for "View", but "Déclencheur" cannot be used for
"Trigger". A use should be able to write his own queries manually without
problem.

Also do not translate words in capital letter (copy them), they are part of
pgAdmin3 program and are used for writing SQL.

The detailed steps are explained here:
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/translation_steps.html

Cheers,
Jean-Michel