Re: [HACKERS] psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: [HACKERS] psql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 17:07:43 -0400,
  Nailah Ogeer <ogeer@cs.queensu.ca> wrote:

Please don't respond to other messages to start a new thread.

> What i am trying to do is to maintain a linked list of all the relations
> in a database. When i create a db then i want it to insert into the linked
> list the relation ids. As it stands now, i can create a db fine and i see
> the relation id's in the linked list. BUT, as soon as i psql into the db
> then they all disappear. I maintain an array that stores the linked lists
> which i initialized in buf_init.
> I don't understand this. Can someone explain why? Is it wiping out the
> array i initialized before.

You might be better off explaining to us what you are really trying to
do. Information about relations is already in the system catalogs.
Using a linked list in a relation database doesn't work very well.