Re: Incremental backups, and backup history - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew Nuzum
Subject Re: Incremental backups, and backup history
Date
List pgsql-general
Regarding backup history:

I have an application designed for novices.  Apparently it's easy to hit the
"Delete" button, and then say yes to the "Are you sure you want to delete
this?" question even when they don't want to. Therefore I simply mark a
record as deleted.  For example,
UPDATE table SET deleted='t' WHERE something=true;

Then my application logic pretends it doesn't really exist until two days
later the user decides they want it back.

It works very well for me.

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org