Re: [HACKERS] psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nailah Ogeer
Subject Re: [HACKERS] psql
Date
List pgsql-general
what i was trying to do was maintain an array of Buffer pool clusters.
What i did previously was change the pointers around in the freelist so
instead of one i have 4. Now each buffer pool is called a BP cluster.
Within this BP cluster i have things like cluster id, freelist descriptor
etc, and a linked list that holds all the relation id's belonging to that
cluster (right now it does this randomly but we will change this to
grouping according to access patterns). Every time i call
RelationBuildDesc from relcache.c, i randomly assign a cluster id and put
the relation id in the cluster. And every time i want to remove the
relation from the BP i will have to remove it from the linked list of
relation ids. I know that this implementation will not work well for
multi database systems, but this is just the first step of this work.
So what is happening is that i enter the relation ids into the BP cluster
linked list fine and every time i call psql, it automatically deletes.

hope i gave u a better explanation