Re: can't "grant all on database..." - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: can't "grant all on database..."
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Travis Hume wrote:

> Ok, I give up.
>
> I've created a database called "Inflight" using user "fc".  I want to
> create a second user called "johndoe" and grant him all priviledges on
> the "Inflight" database and then restrict him access to certain
> IPAddress using the pg_hba.conf file.
>
> Anyone know the magic words?

I think you'll need to grant all privs to each of the schemas, tables, etc
the user should have access to.  There have been scripts that should do
the tables at least in the archives (I haven't paid enough attention to
know if they deal with other objects).