Re: can't "grant all on database..." - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: can't "grant all on database..."
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Travis Hume wrote:

> Ok, using "Inflight" instead of Inflight sems to work, except the user
> luser still doesn't have any privileges.
>
> grant all on database "Inflight" to luser;
>
> returns:
>
>     GRANT
>
> But if I then "psql Inflight luser", I can't do anything including
> simple selects against the Inflight database.

The database permissions control whether or not you can create schemas and
temporary objects I think looking at the grant page.  That doesn't give
permission on other objects in the database, you need to grant permissions
to those separately.

> Travis Hume wrote:
>
> > The dbname is "Inflight", and I did think it was strange the the error
> > msg called it "inflight".
> > What is this "case folding of unquoted names" you speak of?  Do I need
> > to quote my dbname?  Anything else?

For objects made with double quotes and mixed case (I believe this applies
to createdb) you need to always refer to them with double quotes.