Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]
Date
List pgsql-general
I suggest anyone who's interested in how to organize an open source
project take a look at FreeBSD. It's the best run project I know of,
especially considering there's basically no corporate sponsorship.

In a nutshell, there's a community of a few hundred developers who have
commit access. Each year, they elect an executive board that oversees
the project as a whole. This does a great job of ensuring that no single
person can bully the project around, and it results it code that's much
better thought out, imho.

Hopefully someday pgsql will have enough developers to warrant such a
model. :)