Re: Proposal for Re-ordering CONF (was: Re: GUC and postgresql.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Proposal for Re-ordering CONF (was: Re: GUC and postgresql.conf
Date
Re: Proposal for Re-ordering CONF (was: Re: GUC and postgresql.conf docs)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Agreed, postgresql.conf and the documentation should match.  Guc.c needs
to be in variable _type_ order, so I don't know what can be done there.

The current postgresql.conf ordering is based on my reordering a few
releases back to make it clearer.  Feel free to improve it.

I don't think people change _that_ _many_ postgresql.conf settings, so
reordering should be OK with them, especially if they get a clearer
output.

Just to throw in a wrench, consider that SHOW ALL shows the settings in
alphabetical order.  I think that is OK, but I thought I should mention
it.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Pennsylvania19073