Re: Bug #928: server_min_messages (log_min_messages in CVS) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Bug #928: server_min_messages (log_min_messages in CVS)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:
> Sergey N. Yatskevich (syatskevich@n21lab.gosniias.msk.ru) reports a bug with a severity of 4
>
> Short Description
> server_min_messages (log_min_messages in CVS) have PGC_USERSET GucContext
>
> Long Description
> In src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c "server_min_messages"
> ("log_min_messages" in CVS)configuration option have PGC_USERSET
> GucContext. I think that it is not good idea that user can
> change server log details level. I suggest change GucContext in
> this case on PGC_SIGHUP.

The reason it is PGC_USERSET is because we imagined people might want to
increase the amount of information sent to the server logs, and we don't
have an _increase_only_ restriction capability.  However, maybe it
should be PGC_SUSET.

Comments?

Pennsylvania19073