Re: GLOBAL vs LOCAL temp tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: GLOBAL vs LOCAL temp tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> >> This is fixed in 7.4 already.  It wasn't a problem with temp tables, but
> >> with btree indexes.
>
> > Yes, it is fixed partly, but I want to point out that the fix somewhat
> > asymetric.
>
> Have you actually run any experiments to prove that the current
> implementation has a problem?

I am asking more from a theoretical perspective --- can we say VACUUM
regularly or VACUUM FULL are the same in terms of index recovery, or at
least as similar as FULL/non-FULL are?  I don't remember the btree index
compaction fix in CVS --- I just remember the recording of index free
space by VACUUM --- did I forget something?

Pennsylvania19073