Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?") - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?")
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 13:29, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> > Oddly I don't see the link he's referring to, but I've always thought it
> > unfortunate that the postgresql community didn't hold onto those domain
> > names.
>
> We were not offered the chance; Landmark wanted to hold onto the Great
> Bridge trademark, apparently.  We did come away with the postgres.com,
> postgres.org, and postgresql.com domains, which GB had managed to wrestle
> away from some korean domain squatter.

Sorry. I knew that but I guess my statement implied different.

> The fact that some of those aren't currently resolving nicely (eg,
> www.postgres.org gets you a Horde login page) is our own darn fault.
> As Dave Page was mentioning, some additional hands in the webpage
> maintenance effort would be great.

Well, that's more of a DNS issue than a webpage, and afaik Marc is the
only one who can make that change. If he's willing to change it now by
all means let's do so. If he's too busy but willing to give someone else
access to do it I'm sure we can dig someone up (like me)

Robert Treat