Corrupt index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Amir Becher
Subject Corrupt index
Date
List pgsql-general
I am experiencing frequent index corruptions (almost
daily). The tables have about a million records. I
solve the problem by using the REINDEX TABLE command
and rerunning my programs. Does anyone know why I
might be experiencing these problems? I am using batch
mode to insert a few thousand records at a time in
order to improve performance - could the index
corruption be caused by a bug in the batch mode? Also,
is there a way to determine whether an index is
corrupt (other than seeing inconsistencies in the
data)?

I am running PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on Red Hat 8.0. I access
and modify the database through Java (using the JDBC driver).