Re: Psql 'Expanded display (\x)' behaviour - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ennio-Sr
Subject Re: Psql 'Expanded display (\x)' behaviour
Date
List pgsql-bugs
* Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> [070403, 19:05]:
> Ennio-Sr writes:
> > Could you please reproduce this on your PC and see what happens?
>=20
> All the glyphs show correctly on my system. It is very likely a
> problem with your pager,=20

Hhm!... this is fine for pg but bad news to me :-(

> since the expanded display probably does not fit on the page,
> so the pager activates, and that is the only way this difference
> could arise.

By 'page' do you mean the 24 lines of the screen? In my example, the
entire lot displays in half page, so no need to scroll. I didn't know
'\x' would call the pager: I thought it gave a different appearance to
the page.=20
Anyway, being this the case, is there any chance to check my pager
before re-installing pgres?
Thank you again.
Regards,
    Ennio.

--=20
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.     \\?=
//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]     (=
=B0|=B0)
[Why to use Win$ozz (I say) if ... "even a fool can do that.             )=
=3D(
 Do something you aren't good at!" (used to say Henry Miller) ]