Re: Psql 'Expanded display (\x)' behaviour - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Psql 'Expanded display (\x)' behaviour
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Ennio-Sr writes:

> mydb=#select * from pro_chars;
> and _everything is ok_, i.e. correct glyphs corresponding to the codes
> are displayed.
> Then I _toggle on the expanded display:_
> mydb=#\x
> and again:
> mydb=#select * from pro_chars;
> but (in the glyph column) I get, respectively: 0, 1, 2, +, ;,  , 1
> Could you please reproduce this on your PC and see what happens?

All the glyphs show correctly on my system.  It is very likely a problem
with your pager, since the expanded display probably does not fit on the
page, so the pager activates, and that is the only way this difference
could arise.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net