Bug #920: The PostgreSql Server goes down - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #920: The PostgreSql Server goes down
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Kallol Nandi (kallol@aworkflow.com) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
The PostgreSql Server goes down

Long Description
Hi,

I am facing this problem when I start the PostgreSql database server and query any of the database.All the processes
areterminated and then the server goes down .
What might the problem? Is there any configuration settings that I might have missed out? Please help.

bwicdb=# select * from batch_instance;
FATAL 2:  open of /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog/0C81 failed: No such file or directory
FATAL 2:  open of /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog/0C81 failed: No such file or directory server closed the
connectionunexpectedly
        This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: DEBUG:  server process (pid 1328) exited with exit code 2
DEBUG:  terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to
terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to
terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
Failed.
!# DEBUG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1441792, 03600) failed: Not
enough core
This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared memory
segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 1441792 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 64)
and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 32).

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about shared memory configuration.

Eagerly awaiting a reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Kallol.

Sample Code