Re: Bug #920: The PostgreSql Server goes down - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug #920: The PostgreSql Server goes down
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> FATAL 2:  open of /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog/0C81 failed: No such file or directory

This indicates corrupted data --- specifically, a trashed transaction ID
in a row header.  In all the cases I've been able to examine, this was
just the first symptom of more widespread corruption (usually, a whole
disk page is trashed).  I recommend checking for hardware problems;
you may have bad RAM or a flaky disk drive or cable.

            regards, tom lane