Re: moveToInsertRow SQL Exception "No Primary Keys" - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From jr@amanue.com (Jim Rosenberg)
Subject Re: moveToInsertRow SQL Exception "No Primary Keys"
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> Further more, creating the table exactly as you have it, also works

Oh joy. So, my problem is platform-dependent, it seems.

*SOMETHING* is going wrong on my system with the ability of the JDBC
driver to detect the primary key. Do you have any suggestions for what I
can do to try to trace this problem?

There is an interesting JDBC client called SQuirrel SQL. When I aim
this at the database in question and inspect the table coffees, under
the Primarary Key tab it does show my key as being there. The view
has a column called table_cat, and the value showing there is

<Other>

-- I have no idea if this is normal or not. Under table_schem it
shows public, it shows the right table name and column name, under
key_seq it shows 1, under pk_name it shows pi_coffees.

I sure would like to get this fixed. I really wanna be using
updatable result sets, but at the moment this problem has me stopped
cold. Any suggestions for things I can try to diagnose the problem
would be welcome. I'm using the Mac OS X PostgreSQL distribution from
www.entropy.ch, which is one of the more commonly used OS X packages
I think.

-Thanks, Jim

---