host security settings being ignored? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Mike Grommet
Subject host security settings being ignored?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all... I'm very new to postgres...  what I'm trying
to do seems simple enough... I'm guessing I'm just
misunderstanding the documentation or maybe I am just
doing something dumb.

FreeBSD 4.5
Postgres 7.2
JDBC driver: latest revision
DBvisualiser 3.1

I've created a test db... I only want certain users to
have access to that db, and those users should have no
access to other dbs in the system.

My pg_hba.conf contains these lines only:

host test 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 md5
local all trust   admins
host test 0.0.0.0  0.0.0.0         md5     testusers
local test md5 testusers

Unfortunately my local users are able to connect
(through psql) to any db on the system, not just test

Also, I was playing around with DBVisualizer.  I am
able to connect to pgsql with a JDBC driver, but it
too shows that a user in "testusers" has access to all
databases in the system, and not just "test"... this
includes both template0 and template1 databases.

Any hints or clues as to what I might be missing?