Re: Upgrading to RH8.0 causes: "An old version of the - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Upgrading to RH8.0 causes: "An old version of the
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 23:21, Hans Deragon wrote:
>   After upgrading to RH8.0, I get the following error message:
>
> An old version of the database format was found.
> You need to upgrade the data format before using PostgreSQL.
>   I am not interested in recuperating the old data (anyway, the docs
> says I should use postgresql-dump, which does not exist anywhere on my
> system!).  So how can I ask postgresql to delete the old database and
> restart fresh?

As PostgreSQL administrator:

Blow away the old database framework and all data:

        rm -rf $PGDATA

Create a new database framework:

        initdb

     "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall
      stand at the latter day upon the earth"
                                       Job 19:25