Upgrading to RH8.0 causes: "An old version of the database format was found." - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Hans Deragon
Subject Upgrading to RH8.0 causes: "An old version of the database format was found."
Date
List pgsql-novice
Greetings.

  After upgrading to RH8.0, I get the following error message:

An old version of the database format was found.
You need to upgrade the data format before using PostgreSQL.
See (Your System's documentation
directory)/postgresql-7.2/README.rpm-dist for more information.

  I am not interested in recuperating the old data (anyway, the docs
says I should use postgresql-dump, which does not exist anywhere on my
system!).  So how can I ask postgresql to delete the old database and
restart fresh?

Sincerely,
Hans Deragon