Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Crawshaw
Subject Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:42 pm, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> How about defining two views? One view that returns matchclass1 and
> another selects on this view to eliminate duplicates.

That would be a nice clean solution, but the functions are a search
system. The integer being passed into the functions is a comparing id
from another table, and then values are compared. As far as I know, a
view is just a static definition.

Reading the archives, I see 7.3 has just come out. Is it considered a
production environment solution? There aren't any references on the
website yet to anything other than 7.2.3.

If so, I could rewrite these functions with SETOF and RETURN NEXT...

David