Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT
Date
List pgsql-general
On 29 Nov 2002 at 23:33, David Crawshaw wrote:

> I've been working with this all day, and I'm finally out of ideas.
> Hopefully someone has encountered a situation like this before.
>
> Originally I was going to write a function that returned a series of
> id's, but this caused no end of confusion on PG 7.2.3. Instead, I've
> decided to return cursors.
>
> matchClass1 works as expected. However in matchClass2, I wish to exclude
> all of the results from matchClass1. This inline fetch gives me the
> following error calling matchClass2:

How about defining two views? One view that returns matchclass1 and another
selects on this view to eliminate duplicates.

i.e. using views as functions/cursors returning multiple recordset..

Just a thought.. Did not follow earlier thread so might be next to useless as
well..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
"We'll look into it":    By the time the wheels make a full turn, we    assume you
will have forgotten about it, too.