Re: Two features left - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Two features left
Date
Re: Two features left  (Jon Swinth <jswinth@atomicpc.com>)
List pgsql-general
Jean-Luc Lachance wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> I assume one will be able to ABORT the current transaction without
> aborting the higher transaction and ABORT ALL to abort all if needed.

Right. I hadn't planned on ABORT ALL, but it could be done to abort the
entire transaction.  Is there any standard on that?

> What syntax will be available to the upper transaction to detect a lower
> ABORT?
> While there be something ? la Java ( try catch)?

My initial implementation will be simple:

    BEGIN;
    SELECT ...
    BEGIN;
    UPDATE ...
    ABORT;
    DELETE ...
    COMMIT;

and later savepoints which allow you to abort back to a saved spot in your
transaction.