Debian build prob - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Patrick Welche
Subject Debian build prob
Date
Re: Debian build prob  ("Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk>)
Re: Debian build prob  (Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>)
List pgsql-hackers
Believe it or not, I'm trying to compile today's cvs pgsql on a
Debian 2.2.19 system. Compilation dies while compiling pg_dump with

../../../src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.so: undefined reference to `atexit'

In the mail archives there is a mention of upgrading libc to
libc6-dev_2.2.5-3_i386.deb. As far as I can tell, that should read
libc6_2.2.5-3_i386.deb, and again AFAICT this system already has
libc6_2.2.5-6_i386.deb on it. I can see atexit is undefined in libpq, and it
is defined in /usr/lib/libc.a. For some reason /lib/libc*.so are stripped,
so it is hard to tell, but I assume it must be the same as for
/usr/lib/libc.a.

Have any of you managed to compile postgresql on an oldstable Debian system?

Cheers,

Patrick