Re: Propose RC1 for Friday ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Propose RC1 for Friday ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > If we are going to go for a beta6, I vote we reverse out the patch.  Of
> > course, I prefer neither.
>
> I read this several times and am still not quite sure which path you are
> voting for.  We can:
>
> 1. not apply the patch to fix Ross' problem, and ship RC1 tomorrow;
> 2. apply the patch, and ship RC1 tomorrow;
> 3. apply the patch and delay RC1.
>
> Which do you like?
>
> Personally I think this is a low-risk patch and so choice 2 is
> appropriate.

Sorry, I was vague.  I think we should apply and go to RC1 tomorrow.
There will always be tweaks and fixes.  If we expect it to be perfect,
we will never make a final release.  We are 2.5 months into beta, and
if we don't want +3 months beta, we should get going.

We have to start taking some _reasonable_ risks to move this forward.
Until we make a final, we will not increase our test pool, and at this
point we are all sort of staring at each other.  Let's go!

Pennsylvania19073