out parameters ( oracle 2 pg ) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fred
Subject out parameters ( oracle 2 pg )
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am trying to convert some oracle stored procedures
to plpgsql.
One pb as many others encoutered, is that pgsql functions
do not accept out parameters, neither multiple values within
one return.
Searching the list, I found 2 interesting posts :
- one from Joshua Jore that uses "setof" but this seems not to
  work with pgsql, just sql
  -> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2002-03/msg00046.php

- another workaround from Art Nicewick that I tried successfully,
  but what about the performances ...
  -> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2002-03/msg00166.php

To summerize : are there any new helpful implemented functions,
enhancements in pg or better workarounds (what about Art's one ?) ?

Fred

warning : I'm a newbie in db... :)

Attachment