Re: out parameters ( oracle 2 pg ) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: out parameters ( oracle 2 pg )
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 01:33, Fred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to convert some oracle stored procedures
> to plpgsql.
> One pb as many others encoutered, is that pgsql functions
> do not accept out parameters, neither multiple values within
> one return.
> Searching the list, I found 2 interesting posts :
> - one from Joshua Jore that uses "setof" but this seems not to
>   work with pgsql, just sql
>   -> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2002-03/msg00046.php
>
> - another workaround from Art Nicewick that I tried successfully,
>   but what about the performances ...
>   -> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2002-03/msg00166.php
>
> To summerize : are there any new helpful implemented functions,
> enhancements in pg or better workarounds (what about Art's one ?) ?

functions have been greatly enhanced to make returning sets of data
(multiple row/column) much easier in 7.3  You can download beta4 today
and test it out; RC1 is expected within the next week and final should
be out before thanksgiving.

Robert Treat