Re: deny access to system tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: deny access to system tables
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 05:59:41PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> I've created a user "dblackey" and given them select permissions (no
> insert, update, etc...) on a couple of tables in my database. This
> prevents them from selecting from arbitrary tables, but is there any way
> to deny them select access to the system tables? REVOKE ALL ON pg_proc
> FROM dblackey doesn't seem to work...

If you prevented SELECT access to the system tables, that would mean they
couldn't execute queries, since the parser needs to access system tables to
work out what fields are in tables, what indexes are available and such
things.

What are you trying to achieve?