Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?
Date
Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?  (Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>)
Re: [GENERAL] PGXLOG variable worthwhile?  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Which in this case is what puzzles me. We are only talking about a
> simple GUC variable after all - I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing
> it's not a huge effort to add one?

Can we get agreement on that?  A GUC for pg_xlog location?  Much cleaner
than -X, doesn't have the problems of possible accidental use, and does
allow pg_xlog moving without symlinks, which some people don't like?

If I can get a few 'yes' votes I will add it to TODO and do it for 7.4.