From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0003: Buffer overflow in
Date
Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0003: Buffer overflow in  ("Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> We learned a few lessons from previous releases.  First, don't delay
> the beta by days/weeks that drag on.  Delay one month at a time.
> Second, don't decide on a further delay the day before you are going to
> go beta.  Multiple short-period delays and delays that happen at the
> last minute cause too many stops/starts for developers to be effective,
> so...
>
> If we are going to delay beta, we should decide now, not at the end of
> August, and the delay should be until the end of September.  The big
> question is whether we have enough material to warrant a delay.

Beta goes down in 1 week ... if we follow what we had talked about before,
within a short period of time after beta, we should be able to let ppl
dive into working on v7.4 (or 8.0, whatever we decide to call it) ... but
let's try and stick to a timeline for once, else we are going to hit the
same as the last *very* extended release ...