Upcoming Beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Upcoming Beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
As you probably know, PostgreSQL is quickly approaching the beta period
for its next release (7.3).

It would be heavily appreciated if you could attack the new source base
starting now and throughout the beta period in an attempt to make the
next release extra secure and stable from the outset.

More to the point, I'd love material I could show the local VPs as to a
reason they should upgrade to 7.3 from either other products or previous
versions of PostgreSQL.   The necessary material could be as simple as
the test cases run against the new version and it's status (pass, fail
with immediate fix, fail with major rework required (7.4 fix?)).  I've
seen four cases which failed, but how many succeeded and what kind of
test were they?

If possible (based on group decision) it would be great if this material
could be included or linked to from the release notes.

Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks,Rod