From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0003: Buffer overflow in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
We learned a few lessons from previous releases.  First, don't delay
the beta by days/weeks that drag on.  Delay one month at a time.
Second, don't decide on a further delay the day before you are going to
go beta.  Multiple short-period delays and delays that happen at the
last minute cause too many stops/starts for developers to be effective,
so...

If we are going to delay beta, we should decide now, not at the end of
August, and the delay should be until the end of September.  The big
question is whether we have enough material to warrant a delay.

Justin Clift wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > Assuming that we do go ahead with a 7.2.2 release, can we get some kind
> > of unofficial statement on pushing back the 7.3 beta? I know Tom was
> > hoping to start it by sept 1 but that seems rushed to me. Furthermore,
> > between schema support and now more backward incompatibility in regards
> > to functions/opaque, should we open some discussion on 7.3 really being
> > 8.0?
>
> Depending on how far back we push this, we might be able to get Windows
> Native support added.  That'd be cool and probably contribute to an 8.0.
>
> :)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift
>

> > Robert Treat