Re: Removing Libraries (Was: Re: Open 7.3 issues) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Removing Libraries (Was: Re: Open 7.3 issues)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Chris has made code changes to GBorg to allow for this based on requests
> from Dave Page (ie. PgAdminII) ... so there is no problems with that ...
>
> As for keeping them in our main CVS, the more we put over onto GBorg, the
> more it will get used, test, debugged, pounded and stabilized ... hell,
> maybe some of the 'dead projects' that are on GBorg will come alive again
> also if ppl are going to GBorg and find them, download them and hit the
> authors for fixes :)
>
> But, moving the interfaces over will at least give ppl a reason to go over
> and see what is there ...

OK, so create gborg projects for all interfaces, and allow them to
release independently.  I think we have agreement on that.  It can only
be a win.  That also gives us a mailing list and bug tracking for each
interface, which is nice.

I think the only unknown is whether their CVS's should be moved out of
the main tree.

Pennsylvania19073