Re: Removing Libraries (Was: Re: Open 7.3 issues) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Removing Libraries (Was: Re: Open 7.3 issues)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Chris has made code changes to GBorg to allow for this based on requests
> > from Dave Page (ie. PgAdminII) ... so there is no problems with that ...
> >
> > As for keeping them in our main CVS, the more we put over onto GBorg, the
> > more it will get used, test, debugged, pounded and stabilized ... hell,
> > maybe some of the 'dead projects' that are on GBorg will come alive again
> > also if ppl are going to GBorg and find them, download them and hit the
> > authors for fixes :)
> >
> > But, moving the interfaces over will at least give ppl a reason to go over
> > and see what is there ...
>
> OK, so create gborg projects for all interfaces, and allow them to
> release independently.  I think we have agreement on that.  It can only
> be a win.  That also gives us a mailing list and bug tracking for each
> interface, which is nice.
>
> I think the only unknown is whether their CVS's should be moved out of
> the main tree.

Yes, they should be ... maintaining sources in two places would be
'nightmarish' *and* at least GBorg will give a maintainer the ability to
add other developers to have CVS access as well, or transferrign
maintainership over to someone else ... GBorg is setup so that each
project has its own CVSROOT, and its own access controls ...