Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le Jeudi 20 Juin 2002 15:22, Tom Lane a écrit :
> BTW, we do already have a recognized leadership group: the core
> committee.  The committee members mostly prefer to lead by example
> and by consensus, rather than trying to impose their will on others,
> which is maybe why you hadn't noticed.

You are right. Leading by example and consensus is the way things work. If the
committee can publish clear goals, there is no need to elect a leader.

Now I realize my concern is about project management. Do you think the
committee could publish a project web page showing who works on what?

Someone willing to help on a projet would view the page and contact
developpers more easilly. Presently, there is no clear knowledge who is
working on the W32 port or on replication. Using a project page, there would
be less chances to see new forks of particular projects (W32, replication).

This page would be accessible from the to-do-list. Conversly, the to-do-list
would lead to the projects page.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks to all of you who replied my mail.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel