Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr> writes:
> As for current PostgreSQL organization, can someone explain me which
> W32 port will make its way to PostgreSQL main source code? Can someone
> publish a schedule for replication availability? Who is in charge of
> explaining newbees that MySQL InnoDB is just a marketing lie? What is
> the current PostgreSQL market share?

And an "elected leader" will make all this stuff clear exactly how?

If someone would like to step up and actually *do* that marketing work,
that'd be great.  Complaining that it's not being done is a waste of
list bandwidth.  Electing someone isn't going to magically make it
happen, either.

It does concern me that there seem to be several W32 porting efforts
going on without contact with each other or with the wider pghackers
community; but if they want to work that way, I don't think there's
much we can do to force them to come out in the open.

BTW, we do already have a recognized leadership group: the core
committee.  The committee members mostly prefer to lead by example
and by consensus, rather than trying to impose their will on others,
which is maybe why you hadn't noticed.